THE ADVANCE CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) UPDATE COURSE IS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN RENEWING THEIR CURRENT NON-EXPIRED ACLS CERTIFICATION.
The AHA’s ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC and the 2019 Update to the 2018 ASA Ischemic Stroke Guidelines. The ACLS Course teaches the importance of preventing cardiac arrest, high-performance teams, continuous, high-quality CPR, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest care, acute dysrhythmias, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
The course is 6-8 hours approximately, with a DVD presentation, lecture, practical application, written test, and skills test. (Note: Class time can be extended to ensure all material is covered following the AHA Guidelines.)
- ECG familiarity
- Current AHA ACLS Provider Certification
**NOTE: If you do not have a current BLS Provider certification and would like to, please select HeartCode® BLS and Skills Session under Course Add-Ons.**
IMPORTANT CLASS INFORMATION
- The student manual is required to be present at the course. Students who do not bring their manuals to class will be required to purchase new manuals or request to be scheduled into another course for an additional fee.
- PAYMENT: Prepayment is required and is NON-REFUNDABLE. However, you can transfer to another prescheduled course if needed. Below is more information about rescheduling:
- The rescheduled class date must be within six (6) months of your initially scheduled class. Failure to complete the course in the given time will result in the student forfeiting their registration payment, and the student will be required to purchase the course again.
- Students can transfer their registration to another course date without a fee only when they notify Healthline no later than noon (12 PM) the business day before the originally scheduled course. This can be done only once, and a rescheduling fee will apply to any additional rescheduling requests.
- Students that No-Show to a course must contact Healthline to reschedule. A rescheduling fee will be assessed to transfer the registration to another course date within six months of the originally scheduled course date.
- Rescheduling fee: $55
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
Please contact Healthline First Aid at (414) 282-4532 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Below are the optional add-ons for this course. For students who are not familiar or comfortable with ECG interpretation or Pharmacology, we strongly recommend the ECG eLearning course and/or the Pharmacology eLearning Course.
In addition to the add-ons listed below, the American Heart Association has released supplemental eLearning modules for healthcare providers seeking advanced educational content. These modules are online (no instructor led skills required), may be used for CE credits, and can be found HERE (ALS eLearning Modules).
2020 AHA ACLS Provider Manual
The AHA ACLS Provider manual is required to be present in class.
2020 AHA ACLS Prep: ECG eLearning Course - (RECOMMENDED)
The American Heart Association’s ACLS Prep: ECG Course is a self-directed eLearning course designed for students preparing to take an AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Course. This course is also ideal for healthcare professionals who require basic rhythm recognition skills related to the ACLS algorithms.
2020 AHA ACLS Prep: Pharmacology eLearning Course - (RECOMMENDED)
The American Heart Association’s ACLS Prep: Pharmacology Course is a self-directed eLearning course designed for students preparing to take an AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Course.
- Responsive design ensures compatibility on mobile devices and tablet
- All curriculum is web-accessible through inclusive design (WCAG 2.1 A and AA compliant)
- Ease of use for more students – works on all common browsers (no more Flash)
HeartCode® BLS & Skills Session
This optional add-on is for anyone who does not have a current AHA BLS Provider Certification.
- Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PMHealthline - Milwaukee/Greenfield - Training Room A
- Thursday, January 4, 2024 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMHealthline - Milwaukee/Greenfield - Training Room A
- Saturday, January 20, 2024 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PMHealthline - Milwaukee/Greenfield - Training Room A
- Thursday, February 8, 2024 from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PMHealthline - Milwaukee/Greenfield - Training Room A
- Friday, March 15, 2024 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMHealthline - Milwaukee/Greenfield - Training Room A
- Thursday, March 28, 2024 from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PMHealthline - Milwaukee/Greenfield - Training Room A